Cannot contact the DNS server

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Cannot contact the DNS server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    HouseVincent

Hi Guys,

Did a quick search here and on google and I could not find anything that matched my problem. Hope that you guys can help!

Basically what happens is that I can’t connect to our DNS server in the Admin Console.

Quote:
    The specified DNS server cannot be contacted. Some possible reasons include: not running, network problems, not found.

The server DOES resolve DNS! It is working … I just can’t connect to it, nor create/edit any lookup zones …. :|

Quote:
    C:Documents and Settingshelpdesk>nslookup
    Default Server: wpad.rouwkoop.local
    Address: 10.0.0.1

> petri.com
    Server: wpad.rouwkoop.local
    Address: 10.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: petri.co.il
    Address: 72.52.147.187
    Aliases: petri.com

We only have 1 server. Running Windows 2003 SBS. Running Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Exchange, etc …

I can open EVERYTHING else in the admin console, including the Active Directory Users and Computers, DHCP, etc …

I checked around here a little, and made some notes that might help???
    If there is anything else that you need to help me here, please let me know!!!

Thanks!!!

Quote:
    C:Documents and Settingshelpdesk>netdom query /domain:ROUWKOOP fsmo

Schema owner ROUWKOOP-SERVER.rouwkoop.local

Domain role owner ROUWKOOP-SERVER.rouwkoop.local

PDC role ROUWKOOP-SERVER.rouwkoop.local

RID pool manager ROUWKOOP-SERVER.rouwkoop.local

Infrastructure owner ROUWKOOP-SERVER.rouwkoop.local

The command completed successfully.

Quote:
    C:Documents and Settingshelpdesk>Ntdsutil

Ntdsutil: roles

fsmo maintenance: connections

server connections: connect to server rouwkoop-server.rouwkoop.local
    Binding to rouwkoop-server.rouwkoop.local …
    Connected to rouwkoop-server.rouwkoop.local using credentials of locally logged
    on user.

server connections: q

fsmo maintenance: Select operation target

select operation target: List roles for connected server

Server “rouwkoop-server.rouwkoop.local” knows about 5 roles

Schema – CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ROUWKOOP-SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=rouwkoop,DC=local
    Domain – CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ROUWKOOP-SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=rouwkoop,DC=local
    PDC – CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ROUWKOOP-SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=rouwkoop,DC=local
    RID – CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ROUWKOOP-SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=rouwkoop,DC=local
    Infrastructure – CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ROUWKOOP-SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=rouwkoop,DC=local

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.