Can see a file in Windows Explorer, not within an application’s "open file" dialog

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Can see a file in Windows Explorer, not within an application’s "open file" dialog

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nonapeptide

I’m running SBS 2008 Standard Edition on a physical server. All the latest patches are applied.

I’m using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Server Enterprise Edition. I’m using the app’s MMC console to adminster it. I am trying to add a process exclusion by finding the process’s executable file within the Windows file system. The executable I’d like to exclude is inetinfo.exe. I can browse to C:WindowsSystem32inetsrvinetinfo.exe from within Windows Explorer. However, when I try to browse to the process executable from within Kaspersky’s “adding a trusted process” dialog box and navigate to the C:WindowsSystem32inetsrv folder I cannot see that .exe file. There are a few other things I cannot see as well. For instance, I can see both inetmgr.exe and inetmgr6.exe from within Windows Explorer but I can only see Inetmgr6 from within the Kaspersky “Adding a trusted process” dialog box. I have launched the Kaspersky 6.0 MMC as an administrator and still cannot see the files in question. Does anyone have a possible solution for this? Nothing back from Kaspersky yet, but it seems to me that this might be more of a permission/file system/OS issue to me.

Thanks,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.