can not add another domain controller at remote site

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory can not add another domain controller at remote site

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • ekkapob

My server is windows 2000 and client use windows XP professional.
    My company use single domain model with multi domain controller.
    I have one headoffice and many branch. The root domain is in headoffice and have one domain controller in every branch. Now one branch need to add another one domain controller. My problem is, when I tried to run dcpromo at that branch it told me that can not connect to domain controller. I found that server did not connect to root domain controller. Every time it tired to connect only domain controller at that branch. The server that i tired to promote already set dns in tcp property point to the root domain controller at headoffice. Although I shutdown domain controller at that branch, when run dcpromo again the server still did not connect to root domain controller but it tired to promote with others domain controller at others branch and cound not promote.
    How can i force it connect directly to the root domain controller.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: