Can I convert an orphaned child domain into it’s own forest/parent domain? How?

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Can I convert an orphaned child domain into it’s own forest/parent domain? How?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Can I convert an orphaned child domain into it’s own forest/parent domain? How?

We have a client in a sticky situation. For the purposes of this question my client will be called the “B” and the parent company will be called the “A”

Some time ago the “B” company was purchased by the “A” company. The “A” company created a new AD forest and was the parent domain. The “B” company exists as a child domain under the parent domain. Essentially a typical single forest with parent and child domain.

The “A” company sold the “B” company and going to detach all communications with that “B” company. So now the “B” company will have a child domain with no parent domain.

“B” company wants, if they can convert that child domain into it’s own autonomous forest/primary domain.

We need to know if it is or is not possible and if it is possible how is it done.

Thanks for your input.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.