I need to know the requirements of building DR Site on top of Vmware ESX. My ideas are:
1. Have two or Three Physical Servers running ESX 2.5.x or 3.x
2. Attached HP Storage MSA or EVA 1000 or 8000 to store the virtual images.
3. Build all the required machines the same as in the production.
4. Use Online Back Utility ” AS per your recommendations” ? to capture daily Snap-shot of the Production servers and dump them in the ESX Storage.
5. All the backup will over a WAN Link from the Primary site to the DR Site.
Any help? Suggestions? or Advice how this can be worked?
Is it possible to create all this to simulate it virtually and once it’s success i can implement it physically?