paulvildMemberMar 20, 2011 at 1:39 pm #153893
– What Operating System and Service Pack level are you using?
Windows Vista Home Prem sp2
– Are you in a Workgroup or in an Active Directory domain environment?
I do not believe so, I am the admin
– What are you trying to do?
I am trying to boot up as fast as possible. I want to get rid of the long minutes long pause with a blank screen and only the cursor showing.
– Why are you trying to do it?
I am trying to keep my sanity, by waiting for this long 5 minute blank screen I get anxious, and a bit angry.
– What did you try already, why, and what was the result of your actions?
I have only tried to remove a couple of programs that I had installed over the last couple of weeks and tried a system restore.
– What was the exact error message that you received?
– What does the Event Log say?
I Don’t Know.
– Are there any hardware restrictions we should know of (i.e. no floppy, no CD, etc.)
– Do you have current backups?
My External Hard drive has become unreadable in the last few months. This is a seperate issue that I want to fix as well, but first things first.
– Network setup issues, DNS, IP addresses etc.
I do seem to lose my internet connection periodically, I bought a new modem and that sped up my connection, however it is still intermittant.
– Firewalls blocking connections, anything we should know?
I am unaware of any firewall issues. I do have a router.
– Any other information you think we might need in order to help you.
Once the five minutes of blank screen and only the cursor showing have passed and even before that, everything seems to run pretty quick and normal. I have performed virus and ad scans and haven’t turned anything up. I have run bittorrent in the past and still do periodically, however I do not have it loading up on startup.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.