Basic Active Directory setup on WinServer 2008 R2

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Basic Active Directory setup on WinServer 2008 R2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    devdept

Hi All,

As a developer veteran and using you amazing tutorials I believed I could setup Active Directory by myself in our company network but I couldn’t.

Network:

5 Win7 desktops + 1 WinServer 2008 R2 connected to a switch connected to a DSL modem. The DSL modem is also connected to the printer.

What I did:

I followed meticulously these pre-requisites and instructions on your website:

1) Active Directory on Windows Server 2008 Requirements
    2) Installing Active Directory on Windows Server 2008

What happens:

I cannot ping neither 192.168.101.1 nor mycompany.local from Win7 clients. Running ipconfig /all on the client I get 192.168.1.18 and DHCP enabled.

I discovered that probably the problem is the different IP class but I don’t know if I need to modify the server or the client one, and – even more important – what are the pros and cons of modifying one or the other. In addition the router already has the IP 192.168.1.1

I am sure that for you all, these is a very easy scenario: please help me!

Thanks in advance and my best compliments for your amazing tutorials on Windows Server 2008.

Alberto

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.