Backup PST Files used locally

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Backup PST Files used locally

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Standard_IT

Hello All,

I am the IT for our company’s small 20-30 workstation network.
    I have 3 Servers, one of which is the DC, which contains all of our networks PST Files.

I am trying to change how we use our PST files, but i do not really know where to start, nor do i have an ENDGAME plan. Both of which i need to figure out before I start. Our network has far too much traffic and i believe this is one of the causes. We are constantly running into hangs and errors, usually fixed by a simple reboot.

Also, some of our employees have PST Files that are 13GB+ in size. From what i understand, the bigger they are, the more vulnerable to corruption they become. What i would like to do is setup each individual with a OUTLOOK FILE folder(as it already is). In this folder, will be the current PST File, with a max of 2GB per file. I would like to Auto Archive to a folder on the network. If done correctly, maybe then i can have the Archive files backed up, with only the local PST in danger. This is NOT IDEAL. I want everything backed up.

Ideally, I will have everyone running a Local PST File with a limit of 2GB, as well as some sort of backup for all of their PST files.

Any and all advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated!
    Thank you
    Standard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.