another server in the network missed up my exchange server

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 another server in the network missed up my exchange server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    abdu_mka

hi
    my network is as following :
    1- domain controller — windows server 2003
    2- backup domain controller — windows server 2003
    3- exchange server — windows server 2003
    some other servers

i have never backuped up my exhcnage server before today , so i made a backup using NTbackup utility , and I thought of testing how to restore the backup.

i made another virtual machine server with windows server 2003 and I gave it the same name as the original exchange server and joint it to the domain “not good at all !!!:cry: “
    i was trying to install exchange server on the VM to test the restore of the backup . but a colleague notified me that there is a problem with the exchange server .

I tried to log it to the server but when i enter my username and password it gives me error message :

“Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller
    is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
    found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear, contact
    your system administrator for assistance”[/CODE]i read about it and knew its something because of the duplicate name , I tryed to go to AS users and computer and reset the account of the exchange server with no luck

I logged in to the exchange with local admin , tried to dis-join it from the domain but i was prevented by the message

[CODE]
    the identification of the computer cannot be changed because: – The Certification Authority Service is installed on this computer.[/CODE]could any guide me please[CODE]”Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller
    is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
    found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear, contact
    your system administrator for assistance”[/CODE]i read about it and knew its something because of the duplicate name , I tryed to go to AS users and computer and reset the account of the exchange server with no luck

I logged in to the exchange with local admin , tried to dis-join it from the domain but i was prevented by the message

the identification of the computer cannot be changed because: – The Certification Authority Service is installed on this computer.[/CODE]could any guide me please[CODE]
    the identification of the computer cannot be changed because: – The Certification Authority Service is installed on this computer.[/CODE]could any guide me please

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.