After transfering FSMO roles from DC to ADC, ADC still depends on DC.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 After transfering FSMO roles from DC to ADC, ADC still depends on DC.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • soma403

Hi in our office we have set up a new domain on windows server 2012 Evaluation version.
    Now i want to upgrade it to full retail version, but came to know that a domain server cannot be upgraded to full version.

After searching on internet most of them suggested to

1.Install a Addition Domain Controller
    2.Then transfer FSMO roles to ADC
    3.And re install 2012 server on main DC & then activate it to full version
    4.After that install Domain services in it & Transfer FSMO roles from temp DC.

I have followed the same first installed a temp DC made it to ADC and transfered all FSMO roles to temp DC, all roles were transfered sucessfully without any errors & all FSMO roles showing that current holder of roles is temp DC.

So to cross check i have shutdown main DC and tried to open AD users and computers on temp DC but it is giving error that domain controller is unavailable .
    but when i switch on the main DC i can open AD users and computers on temp DC without any errors,
    some how the temp DC is still depending on main DC.

Please Help me

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Download this eBook!

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

his eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure. The eBook will also outline some of the major decision points across four general-purpose guest access policy scenarios for how an organization can set this up with standard licensing.

Download Now

Sponsored By