Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

AD Object recovery scenario

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory AD Object recovery scenario

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • remo154

Hi All,

First post, go easy on me please :-)

I’m currently trying to get my head around restore options for the following, somewhat niche, scenario –

– Single domain/DC environment
    – 2008 domain functional level
    – User objected deleted and has fallen outside of TSL (60 days)
    – Valid system state backups, from Windows Server Backup, are held from when the user existed

How would you complete an authoritative restore of the single user without wiping out any other AD changes/new objects etc. in the period since the object was deleted?

If there is a simple solution that doesn’t involve building a secondary domain controller, I would love to hear it!

TIA

remo

Pistle
    Participant

Restoring deleted objects using the AD Administrative Center.

>Open the Active Directory Administrative Center from the Start menu.
    >In the left pane, click the domain name and select the Deleted Objects container under it.
    >Select the deleted object, and click the Restore button in the right pane.

Hope this will help
    Best Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: