AD not working properly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paolo977

Hi everybody.

First of all, forgive me if I come in asking a question in my first post.
    I’m experiencing a huge problem on my company server.
    Let me make some preliminary remarks: I’m not particularly skilled in Server OSs, Active Directory, Domain Controllers and so on…

In brief, the situation.

In my company we have a network and domain server with Windows 2003 Server SP2 OS.
    Unfortunaly, since a few days the server is no more reachable by any pcs inside the domain!!!
    To be more exact, the domain users can still login, but they cannot access the resources shared by the server (i.e. folders, or even \ServerName by Explorer).

On the other hand, the server itself can see any single pcs inside the domain and it’s pingable by anybody.
    Moreover, if a user accesses a pc OUTSIDE the domain but wired (i.e. connected by RJ45 cable) inside the same LAN, he can easily access the server resources, upon inserting login and password of a domain administrator.
    It’s also possible to insert a new machine into the domain and/or remove it, without receiving any mistakes, apparently.

Lastly, it isn’t possible at all to add new Active Directory users; or better, even if you add them, they can NOT be recognized by any clients.

Checking out these symptoms, the problem seems to be related to the Active Directory not working properly, but as I stated earlier I’m not so skillful in AD.
    Furthermore, if a hypothetical user opens Explorer and tries to access the server using its netword name (\mobserver), he can’t manage to do that; still, if he tries using its IP address (\192.168.0.1) he can easily reach the server!
    Therefore, the DNS is somehow involved too.

I’m posting the results of an ipconfig /all command run on the server:

Windows IP Configuration

Host name: mobserver
    Primary DNS suffix: mydomain.com
    Node type: unknown
    IP routing enabled: NO
    WINS proxy enabled: NO
    DNS suffix search list: mydomain.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection (LAN) 3:

Connection-specific DNS suffix: (nothing’s written here)
    Description: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
    Physical address: 00-09-6B-A5-76-7C
    DHCP enabled: NO
    IP address: 192.168.0.1
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway: 192.168.0.2
    DNS Servers: 88.149.128.12

Should you need any other data, I can provide them anytime.
    I’d be very grateful to anybody who can help me out anyway, I’m desperate…

Thank you in advance, have a nice day.

Paolo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.