My ISP blocks all ports below 1024 so I had to setup my SBS2003 Exchange server to run on port 9998 (HTTP) & 9999 (HTTPS), which works perfectly (tested locally & on remote locations).
When I add the correct secure portnumber to the server address (ActiveSync > Tools > Configure Server Source), ActiveSync 4.2 cannot find our Exchange Server. I get error 0x80072EE7. When I remove the portnumber everything works fine as long as I’m on my local network.
I enter it like this: exchangeserverdomain.com:9999 (tried 9998 as well).
I have OWA running perfectly by using the same external server address:, and all needed certificates are on my WM5 device.