plan to buy a firewall support active and passive internet connections, when active internet connection down, will failover to passive internet connection automatically, when active internet connection back on, will rollback to active internet connection automatically. Found a sonicwall should able to do this already.
public ip, default gateway and dns are different for active and passive internet connections, so when failover or rollback, they will change as well
IT services to maintain when active internet connection down are
– office internet access
– email service provided by exchange 2007
– internal/external web-based erp service provided by apache tomcat
office internet access
– achieve by add passive internet connection DNS to Windows DNS forwarder
email service provided by exchange 2007
– smtp achieve by additional MX record with passive internet connection’s public IP and larger Preference Number (lower priority)
internal/external web-based erp service provided by apache tomcat
– By additional A record with passive internet connection’s public IP for apache tomcat
Any idea what need to do to maintain Outlook Anywhere and Outlook Web Access? Just additional A record as well?
Thx a lot!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.