VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

2960 – Clients not getting DHCP

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to 2960 – Clients not getting DHCP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Couch

Hi All,

Looking for some poniters my first cisco 2960 switch configuration, so please be gentle.

We have just had a lease line upgrade between HO and a branch site, both have cisco 1941 routers but dhcp service is not supported as a service by the isp. So we used an old draytek router to act as the relay as a temp solution.

We now have a 2960 switch which I have configured vlan1 to give the switch an IP and configured the DG with the routers IP, according to cisco documentation dhcp relay is enabled by default but I dont get any ips to clients.

I have read about giving the switch an IP helper address of the DHCP server which sits in our HO on a different range…….is this the way to go?

Sorry if I sound a bit thick but if you dont ask you will never know :smile:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By