2 Sites, 2 MX records, 1 Exchange org?

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 2 Sites, 2 MX records, 1 Exchange org?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lower7

We are in the early design stages of an Exch2003 to Exch2010 upgrade. A question was asked about the design.

Each site has its own internet connection as well as a T1 WAN link between them

Currently, Site A is recieving email for both domains into a single Exch2003 frontend/backend server. Site B users connect over the WAN.

The proposed question/scenario:

Site A:
    MX record for domainA.com
    Edge Transport server
    HUB/CAS/MBX server
    150 users
    primary email address = [email protected]
    secondary email address = [email protected]

Site B:
    MX record for domainB.com
    Edge transport server
    HUB/CAS/MBX server
    150 users
    primary email address = [email protected]
    secondary email address = [email protected]

Is it possible to tweak the send and recieve connectors between the HUB and Edge servers on each side so that I can recieve email for each namespace at a different location yet still keep it as a single Exchange org on the inside?

Site B was an aquisition and while there is some crossover between the sites, for the most part they recieve email addressed only to their own namespace. The purpose of this scenario is to get the external email traffic from site B off the WAN and onto their internet connection.

I’m not even thinking about fault tolerance or DR at this point. Just trying to determine if this is a route that I can go.

Thanks,

John

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.