2 out of 4 password complexity requirements?

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 2 out of 4 password complexity requirements?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • humbletech99

I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain and am trying to increase the password complexity requirements.

However, it seems as though the password complexity requirements are an all or nothing setting. Either I can choose to have no password complexity enforced or users must use 3 out of the 4 character types which is actually pretty difficult to think up, remember and not write down etc.

Is there a way that I can enforce password creation of passwords that meet 2 out of 4 of the character types? (ie any 2 out of the 4 of lowercase, uppercase, numbers and symbols)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

13 Email Threat Types to Know About Right Now

As email threats evolve and multiply, keeping track of them all—and staying protected against the many different types—becomes a complex challenge. Today, that requires more than just the traditional email gateway solution that used to be good enough.

In this eBook you will learn:

• What are the most common and challenging email attacks for organizations?
  • How to defend against sophisticated email threats, such as spoofing, social engineering, and fraud
  • How to protect employees at the inbox level with the right technologies and security-awareness training
  • How to use a multilayered protection strategy to reduce susceptibility to email attacks and better defend your business and employees

Sponsored by: