M365 Changelog: Dynamic e911 for US WFH users
MC280290 – Dynamic e911 provides the ability to dynamically detect a Teams user’s location for emergency calling. Today, e911 is available for users in admin configured locations on enterprise networks only. With this new feature, Microsoft will extend the capability to users working remotely from other dynamic locations.
This is rolling out on Teams desktop, web and mobile.
Note: The release of this feature supports compliance to the United States FCC requirements for Ray Baum’s Act, and is not intended for use outside of the United States.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 82956.
When this will happen:
Standard and GCC: will begin rolling out late October and complete by mid-November.
GCC-High and DoD: will begin rolling out late November and complete by mid-December.
How this will affect your organization:
With more and more Teams users working remotely, automatically obtaining the location in these scenarios is important to ensure timely response.
Dynamic emergency address now shows in calls app which users can edit
To enable this dynamic location lookup for non-admin configured locations:
- Admins must enable the ExternallocationLookupMode attribute in the TeamsEmergencyCalling policy.
- Users must consent to location detection.
- Users must be enterprise voice and emergency calling enabled.
- Admin or auto-detected dynamic addresses on Calls App depending on users’ current location.
- The ability to edit and save non-admin defined dynamic addresses.
- Users will not be able to edit admin defined location.
- Users will be prompted to add emergency addresses if it is not autodetected.
- Users can continue to manually add dynamic emergency addresses even if location auto-detection consent has been turned-off.
Dynamic emergency calling for non-admin defined locations is releasing default off.
What you need to do to prepare:
If you desire to utilize this capability, it needs to be enabled for all targeted enterprise voice users by appropriately configuring the TeamsEmergencyCallingPolicy and ExternalLookupMode.
Users should also be instructed to consent to sharing their location to Teams as well as ensure their location is accurate by acknowledging and/or editing and then saving it.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Export feature in Teams Admin Center
Sep 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) 1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Aug 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jul 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams device store in Teams admin center
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri