Download Windows 2003 SP2 Adminpak
What is the Windows Server 2003 SP2Administration Pack? Where can I get it?
The Administration Tools Pack allows administrators to install the Windows Server 2003 management tools onto a computer running Windows XP Professional or a Windows Server 2003 family operating system to perform remote server management functions. This is the final version (build 5.2.3790.1830) of the adminpak.msi file. You must uninstall all previous versions of the Administration Tools Pack before installing this version.
The Adminpak.msi (Adminpak) file is a self-extracting file that contains commonly used administrative tools. The Adminpak.msi file is located in the ‘I386 folder on the Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM or as a separate Web download package.
Note that there is a difference between the original version of Adminpak.msi and the version included in Service Pack 2.
Note: To separately install specific Adminpak tools (i.e. not all of the tools, just the ones you need) see my Extract Specific Tools from Adminpak.msi page. If you want to remotely administer Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 family member-based computers and domain controllers from Windows XP Professional or Windows Server 2003 family-based clients, note the following issues:
- You must completely remove previous beta versions of the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools package before you install the final release version.
- Note In some limited cases, servers must be administered from clients that are running the same operating system version. For example, some remote administration operations against Windows 2000-based servers can be accomplished only from Windows 2000-based clients. Similarly, some operations against Windows Server 2003-based computers can be accomplished only from Windows XP-based or Windows Server 2003 clients. This article documents these limitations or restrictions for each tool that is included in the Administration Tools package.
- The administration tools from the Windows 2000 Adminpak.msi file that are installed on Windows 2000-based computers that are later upgraded to Windows XP Professional do not start or operate correctly. The Winnt32.exe upgrade process warns you to remove the Windows 2000 version of Adminpak.msi. Either remove the Windows 2000 Adminpak.msi file before the upgrade or reinstall the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack after the upgrade. You can use the Winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly flag to determine if the Windows 2000 Adminpak is installed before you upgrade any computer.
- You cannot install the Windows 2000 Adminpak.msi file on Windows XP-based clients or on Windows Server 2003 family-based computers. These tools no longer work on these platforms and are not supported. Please use the Windows Server 2003 version of the Administration Tools pack.
- The Windows Server 2003 RTM version of Adminpak.msi can only be installed on computers that are running the Windows Server 2003 family, Windows XP Professional with SP1 or later, and Windows XP Professional build 2600 with QFE Q329357.
- If you are using Windows XP Professional with QFE Q329357 and the Windows Server2003 Administration Tools pack, you cannot administer Cluster servers. However, if you are using Windows XP Professional with SP1 and the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack, you can manage Cluster servers. Windows XP Professional does not include the Windows Server 2003 Adminpak.msi file because these tools are part of the Windows Server 2003 product and are shipped when that product is released
- The majority of the Windows Server 2003 Administration tools work the same as the Windows 2000 counterparts. In some cases, the Windows Server 2003 Administration tools offer enhanced functionality over their Windows 2000 counterparts. In rare cases, Windows Server 2003 tools are incompatible and unsupported for managing Windows 2000 Server-based computers. Similarly, in rare cases, Windows 2000 tools are incompatible with Windows Server 2003-based family computers.
- Enhanced functionality in Windows Server 2003 Administration tools may not be turned on or supported when you administer Windows 2000-based computers. For example, the new drag-and-drop feature of the Windows Server 2003 Users and Computers snap-in is fully functional against Windows 2000-based domain controllers.
- Administration tools features that depend on functionality in Windows Server 2003, such as the “Saved query for last logon time” functionality, are not supported against Windows 2000 Server-based computers because earlier version servers do not have the required attributes. In most cases, these advanced features are not visible or are not turned on when Administration tools are used against Windows 2000-based computers. Windows 2000 and the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Package
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows Server 2003 family with Service Pack 1
- x64-based versions of Windows Server 2003
- Itanium-based versions of Windows Server 2003
The Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools package cannot be installed or run on Windows 2000-based computers.
Similarly, the command-line utilities from the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools package are designed to run on Windows XP and the Windows Server 2003 family only. Command-line utilities in the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools package do not run if there is a DLL mismatch or an entry point error (if you copy the utilities to a Windows 2000-based computer).
You may find these related articles of interest to you:
- Download Free Windows 2000 Resource Kit Tools
- Download GPMC
- Download IIS 6.0 Resource Kit
- Download IIS 6.0 Reskit Tools
- Download Office 2000 Reskit Tools
- Download Office System 2003 Reskit Tools
- Download Office XP Reskit Tools
- Download RDP 5.2
- Download Windows 2000 Adminpak
- Download Windows 2000 SP4 Deploy Tools
- Download Windows 2000 SP4 Support Tools
- Download Windows 2003 R2 Adminpak
- Download Windows 2003 Reskit Tools
- Download Windows 2003 SP1 Support Tools
- Download Windows 2003 Deployment Kit
- Download Windows XP Reskit Tools
- Download Windows XP SP1 Deploy Tools
- Running Windows Server 2003 SP1 Adminpak on Windows Vista RTM