Download Remote Desktop Web Connection for XP SP1
Where can I download the Remote Desktop Web Connection for Windows Server 2003?
The Remote Desktop Web Connection ActiveX control allows you to access your computer through Remote Desktop, via the Internet, from another computer using Internet Explorer. You must be using Internet Information Services (IIS) to host a Web site to use this feature.
Remote Desktop Web Connection provides most of the same functionality as the Remote Desktop Connection software.
Note: Users of Windows Server 2003 do not need to download this package. They can manually add this package from Add/Remove in the Control Panel. This package is offered as a convenience to Microsoft customers.
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
The Remote Desktop Web Connection ActiveX control allows you to access your computer, via the Internet, from another computer using Internet Explorer. You can download the software on this page and run setup to install the ActiveX control and sample Web page on any computer running Internet Information Server 4.0 or higher.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 2000 Service Pack 2; Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows XP Media Center Edition.
See Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows Server 2003 and Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows XP for more instructions.
You might also want to read the following related articles:
- Add a new RDP Listening Port to Terminal Server
- Change Terminal Server Listening Port
- Download RDP 5.2
- Download RDP 5.2 (Old Version)
- Enable Remote Desktop on Windows Server 2003
- Install RDP Client via GPO
- Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows XP
- Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows Server 2003
- Offer Remote Assistance in Windows XP/2003
- Quickly Connect to Remote Computers
- Remotely Enable Remote Desktop on Windows Server 2003
- Use RDP Client to Connect to a Different Port
- Use Terminal Server Client to Connect to a Different Port
- What’s Remote Desktop in Windows XP/2003?
- What’s Remote Assistance in Windows XP/2003?