Download NetMeeting for Windows 9X/NT 4.0
Where can I download NetMeeting for Windows 98 and NT4.0?
NetMeeting lets you hold video conference calls, send text messages, collaborate on shared documents, and draw on an electronic whiteboard over the Internet or an intranet.
Note: You may want to read Where’s NetMeeting in Windows XP/2000/2003?.
NetMeeting has the following features:
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
- Video and Audio Conferencing – NetMeeting’s audio and video conferencing features let you communicate with anyone on the Internet.
- Whiteboard – The whiteboard lets you collaborate in real time with others via graphic information.
- Chat – Chat lets you conduct real-time conversations via text, with as many people as you like.
- Internet Directory – The Microsoft Internet Directory is a Web site provided and maintained by Microsoft to locate people to call on the Internet.
- File Transfer – File transfer lets you send one or more files in the background during a NetMeeting conference.
- Program Sharing – NetMeeting’s Program Sharing feature lets you flexibly share multiple programs during a conference and retain greater control over the way they’re used.
- Remote Desktop Sharing – Remote Desktop Sharing lets you operate a computer from a remote location.
- Security – NetMeeting uses three types of security measures to protect your privacy.
- Advanced Calling – This feature gives you the flexibility to send a mail message to a NetMeeting user or initiate a NetMeeting call directly from your mail address book.
NetMeeting is already installed with Windows XP and in W2K but for Windows 98, ME and NT 4.0 you need to download the setup files separately.
This version of NetMeeting contains Service Pack 2. It includes the latest version of NetMeeting 3.01, software development kit (SDK) bug fixes, and all of the fixes previously included in Service Pack 1.
See the links on the right for a download link for version 3.01.
Note: For NT 4.0 you need to have SP3 already installed in order to be able to use NetMeeting.