How can I disable the Spell Checking option in OWA 2003?
OWA 2003 comes with a built-in spell checker that can help you spell check your outgoing mail in various languages:
Service Pack 1 for Exchange Server 2003 adds even more language support, including the long-awaited Hebrew spell checking.
I’m not sure why you’d want to, but there is a way to prevent the spell checker to work.
What is “Inside Microsoft Teams”?
“Inside Microsoft Teams” is a webcast series, now in Season 4 for IT pros hosted by Microsoft Product Manager, Stephen Rose. Stephen & his guests comprised of customers, partners, and real-world experts share best practices of planning, deploying, adopting, managing, and securing Teams. You can watch any episode at your convenience, find resources, blogs, reviews of accessories certified for Teams, bonus clips, and information regarding upcoming live broadcasts. Our next episode, “Polaris Inc., and Microsoft Teams- Reinventing how we work and play” will be airing on Oct. 28th from 10-11am PST.
- Open Regedit and navigate to
- Find or create a key called DisableSpellCheckOnSend with the type REG_DWORD.
If the value is set to 0x00000001 then users will not be able to select the option to automatically spell-check every e-mail that they send from OWA.
If the value is set to 0x00000000 then users will be able to select the option to automatically spell-check every e-mail that they send from OWA.
As with many of the OWA registry parameters, setting this parameter takes immediate effect; no service restarts required.
You may find these related articles of interest to you:
- Configuring Forms-Based Authentication in OWA and Exchange 2003
- Configure ISA to Publish OWA
- Configure Message Security in OWA 2003
- Configure OMA in Exchange 2003
- Configure OWA 2003 Attachment Blocking
- Configure SSL on OMA
- Configure SSL on OWA
- Configure SSL on Your Website with IIS
- Configure Web Access to Newsgroups Hosted on Exchange 2000/2003
- Enable Password Changing through OWA in Exchange 2003
- How to Synchronize a Pocket PC with Exchange 2003?
- Problems with Forms-Based Authentication and SSL in ActiveSync
- Reset OWA 2000/2003 Language
- Test OMA in Exchange 2003
- Web Access to Alternate PF