Configure a PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP
To configure a PPPoE dialer in Windows XP do the following:
- Open Network Connections from the control Panel and click Create a New Connection.
- In the Welcome to the new connection wizard click Next.
What is “Inside Microsoft Teams”?
“Inside Microsoft Teams” is a webcast series, now in Season 4 for IT pros hosted by Microsoft Product Manager, Stephen Rose. Stephen & his guests comprised of customers, partners, and real-world experts share best practices of planning, deploying, adopting, managing, and securing Teams. You can watch any episode at your convenience, find resources, blogs, reviews of accessories certified for Teams, bonus clips, and information regarding upcoming live broadcasts on our website.
- In the Network Connection Type window select Connect to the Internet. Click Next.
- In the Getting ready windows select Set up Connection Manually. Click Next.
- In the Internet Connection windows select Connect using a Broadband… Click Next.
- In the Connection name windows enter the connection’s name. Click Next.
- In the Connection Availability window select Anyone’s Use (if you want to). Click Next.
- In the Internet Account Information window enter your ISP-given username and password.
Enable this connection to be the default connection, enable ICF and allow connecting without the need to prompt for a username and password – if you want. Click Next.
- In the final window select to create a desktop shortcut (if you want) and click Finish.
- A connect ISP PPPoE window will appear. Try to connect.
- Go back to the Network Connections window and see your new icon. You can change it’s properties by right-clicking on the icon.