M365 Changelog: Announcing updated Send Feedback experience in mobile app
MC281360 – This new feature will allow users on Teams mobile app to share feedback directly from the Help & Feedback option in Settings, without needing to send an email message. You will also be able to control which elements (like email addresses, and logs) can be shared by users when sending feedback on the mobile app.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID:84004.
When this will happen:
Microsoft will begin rolling this out in late September and be complete by late October.
- This change is only applicable to the standard release.
How this will affect your organization:
In addition to users being able to send feedback by using the mobile app, take note of how you can control mobile feedback elements using existing admin policies for Teams.
- You can disable, enable send feedback; default on
- You can enable, disable sharing email as part of send feedback; default off; if enabled, users will get option to share email – default opt out
- You can enable, disable sharing logs as part of send feedback; default off; if enabled, users will get option to share logs – default opt out; log collection to be supported only on Mobile as of now
Note: Send feedback will not be available for student licenses and the entry point for send feedback will remain same for end users.
All previous admin settings will be respected and left unchanged.
What you need to do to prepare:
Use cmdlet to modify Teams feedback policy. Policy changes apply to Desktop, Web and Mobile clients
- Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csteamsfeedbackpolicy?view=skype-ps
- UserInitiatedMode: Set parameter to enabled to allow users who are assigned the policy to give feedback; default ENABLED
- AllowEmailCollection: Set this to TRUE to enable Email collection; default FALSE
- AllowLogCollection: Set this to TRUE to enable log collection; default FALSE; log collection to be supported only on Mobile as of now
- Manage feedback policies in Microsoft Teams
- Prior to rolling out this release, Microsoft will update this link with greater admin documentation via a MC update.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Export feature in Teams Admin Center
Sep 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) 1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Aug 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jul 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams device store in Teams admin center
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri