Active Directory Connector Installation
How do I install the Exchange 2000 Active Directory Connector on a Windows 2000 computer?
To install the ADC:
- Log on to the Windows 2000 domain controller as a member of the Domain Administrators, Enterprise Administrators, and Schema Administrators groups.
- Insert the Exchange 2000 Server CD-ROM in the CD drive.
- Click Start, click Run, and then type CD-ROM drive:’adc’setup.exe.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- Click to select the Microsoft Active Directory Connector Service and Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management check boxes, and then click Next.
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
- ADC Setup program extends the Active Directory schema with the Exchange 2000 schema extensions. Additionally, ADC Setup creates objects in the Active Directory Configuration container. Finally, ADC Setup creates two security groups in the local domain called “Exchange Services”.
- When Setup is complete, click Finish.
- Check to see that the 2 new groups have been added to the AD Users & Computers.