Active Directory Connector Installation
How do I install the Exchange 2000 Active Directory Connector on a Windows 2000 computer?
To install the ADC:
- Log on to the Windows 2000 domain controller as a member of the Domain Administrators, Enterprise Administrators, and Schema Administrators groups.
- Insert the Exchange 2000 Server CD-ROM in the CD drive.
- Click Start, click Run, and then type CD-ROM drive:’adc’setup.exe.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- Click to select the Microsoft Active Directory Connector Service and Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management check boxes, and then click Next.
What is “Inside Microsoft Teams”?
“Inside Microsoft Teams” is a webcast series, now in Season 4 for IT pros hosted by Microsoft Product Manager, Stephen Rose. Stephen & his guests comprised of customers, partners, and real-world experts share best practices of planning, deploying, adopting, managing, and securing Teams. You can watch any episode at your convenience, find resources, blogs, reviews of accessories certified for Teams, bonus clips, and information regarding upcoming live broadcasts. Our next episode, “Polaris Inc., and Microsoft Teams- Reinventing how we work and play” will be airing on Oct. 28th from 10-11am PST.
- ADC Setup program extends the Active Directory schema with the Exchange 2000 schema extensions. Additionally, ADC Setup creates objects in the Active Directory Configuration container. Finally, ADC Setup creates two security groups in the local domain called “Exchange Services”.
- When Setup is complete, click Finish.
- Check to see that the 2 new groups have been added to the AD Users & Computers.